DescriptionPhotographers will play a crucial role in documenting the progress and development of women in our program, as well as putting together a visual record of the organization’s activities. Photographers will participate in a step of the loan process, and will be responsible for visiting the women to take a photo of their loan purchases. This step in the loan process ensures that borrowers invest their interest-free loans in their businesses.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to make a big impact. It is a professional photography opportunity. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to improve their Spanish language communication skills, have an enriching cultural experience, and foster deeper relationships with community members in Oaxaca. Commitment to development work, experience leading groups, and flexibility to work in a non-profit organization are essential.
- Photograph women and their new loan purchases.
- Organize photos and upload them to our database.
- Review of loan purchase proposals, prior to meeting with the women.
- Build relationships with borrowers, and make sure there is a positive and respectful dynamic within the group.
- College graduate or equivalent work experience in photography.
- Leadership experience: experience managing staff and/or volunteers.
- Excellent people skills: outgoing, friendly, warm, professional, ability and passion for building relationships with individuals from different backgrounds.
- Good judgment, strong initiative, and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to be organized yet flexible, as conditions of transportation, supplies and volunteer services change weekly.
- Demonstrated commitment to social change.
- Experience living abroad.
- Intermediate/Advance level of Spanish.
Preferred Additional Qualifications
CompensationThis is an unpaid volunteer position, and volunteers are responsible for their own travel and living costs. We can help volunteers find housing in an affordable posada, apartment or with a host family. We can also offer a discount on Spanish classes at the Instituto Cultural Oaxaca, the largest Spanish school in Oaxaca.
Application ProcessSend your resume and cover letter to Samantha Wattson at email@example.com. Please include your availabilty and level of Spanish in the cover letter.
Back to list of volunteer opportunities